Each year, new vehicles debut with a great deal of fanfare and new changes. The latest version of the Hyundai Santa Fe has just made its debut at the New York International Auto Show. The newest version of the crossover will offer multiple updates. This includes updates to the list of 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe safety and driver assistance features.
Hyundai Smart Sense Technology Systems
The technology systems in the Hyundai Smart Sense suite will be available on the 2019 Santa Fe. Smart Sense includes a variety of safety and driver assistance systems. These include:
- High Beam Assist (HBA).
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA).
- Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA).
- Safe Exit Assist (SEA).
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA).
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW).
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go (SCC with Stop & Go).
- Rear View Monitor with Parking Guidance and tailgate safe-open guide and high definition camera (RVM with PG).
- Surround View Monitor (SVM).
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA).
- Parking Distance Warning Reverse (PDW).
2019 will see the addition of a new system to the Santa Fe’s list of safety features. The crossover will now offer the Rear Occupant Alert system. This new feature monitors the rear seats using an automatic sensor that detects movements of children and pets.
The system will remind the driver to check the rear seats when exiting the vehicle. If the system continues to detect movement in the rear seats after the driver locks the door, the vehicle will honk the horn and send an alert to the owner’s phone via the BLUE LINK connected car system.
The 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe will be arriving during the summer of 2018. When the crossover makes its debut, stop by Kelowna Hyundai to take it for a test drive. Our inventory can be viewed here on our website.